Sunday, June 22, 2008

Exhaustimapated!

I just realized that I haven't posted in quite some time, so I thought I'd put up a quick post before bed. I cannot wait for bed tonight! I am completely exhausted. Getting up before 6 am seven days a week wears on these old bones, I guess! Well, maybe they're not old bones yet, but they sure feel like it sometimes! I bet my dad never ever thought I'd be rolling out of bed as early as he does every morning! Oh how things change...

Speaking of...once again, my position at the vet clinic has changed. I'm now working up front, as a secretary (I guess) until further notice. I simply can't do the standing thing anymore. It's not worth it. Plain and simple. In an ideal world, it's not what I'd choose to do, I'd much rather be working in the back, amidst the chaos, but it'll do for now. It's such a relief to get a chance to be off my feet during the day! It really makes a huge difference in my mood, which I can only assume means that I'm in less pain, so that's a definite plus. Oh yeah, and I get to dress up a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I was built for comfort and love the scrubs, but it's nice to feel pretty sometimes. Plus, I have an entire closet full of clothes that I haven't been able to wear until now.

I'm working about 25 hours a week or so at the vet clinic and then rafting the rest of the time, so I guess I really can't complain about much. All that I can say is that I took 6 half-day trips this weekend, and I'm exhausted. It's quite obvious that I'm not in rafting shape yet, as my wimpy little muscles are whining for a day off! I'll get there though. These things take time, and I can already feel myself getting stronger. Getting paid to raft and getting a workout while working...a very good deal! Love it! I'm even getting to be trip leader now, meaning that I get paid a little bit more and that I'm in charge of making sure that things go as smoothly as possible and such. It's pretty neat that the boss man trusts me to do that. I mean, I did just start working for him. I've probably only taken a dozen or so trips with the company. Sweet! Anyway, between my two half-jobs, I actually have a full-time income for the first time in quite a while! Yay! Oh yeah, and I got a $100 tip yesterday from a guy that I swam! I think that might be a personal best for me. Pretty darn good considering that I do mostly half-day trips!

In other news, the littlest mutt is growing like a weed and soon, I'm sure, the title "littlest mutt" will not be anywhere near accurate! He's losing all of his puppy teeth and, if I had to guess, gaining 2-3 pounds a week. He's gonna be a handsome dog for sure. He and the Koners still spend every waking moment harassing each other and have recently discovered a new hobby...chasing moths at night. They absolutely love it. I dunno how often they actually catch them, but it's pretty funny to watch. Oh yeah, they cornered a pack rat on the back porch a few days ago too. We're definitely all gonna get the plague now...que triste!

There's more to tell, but I'm gonna hit the hay. I'm hoping for a really great night's sleep. The storm that chased us down the river all day, just got here, so we'll see. Hopefully the house doesn't blow down! Nite!

No comments: