Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let the Summer Begin!

It's hot here. Must be about summertime! Bring on the tan! Kati's probably not gonna appreciate the life jacket tan lines that I have by September...I'll try my hardest to even them out, but the sun is pretty intense here, dunno if I'll be able to do it. Anyway...

Dillon was here for 10 days! But sadly, now he's gone. I definitely had a blast hanging out with him, though. We did a lot of rafting, even some swimming, played many a game of cribbage, (most of which I won!), watched a couple of seasons of Friends, and ate sushi. We must have had at least another million things planned, but not enough time to fit them all in. Hopefully he had a good time. I don't think that he liked getting up as early as the dogs do, but he seemed to suffer through it alright. He's certainly a lot taller than I remember him being...and probably a lot cooler too. Not that he wasn't cool before, but he's really growing into a wonderful young man. We can converse on a more adult level and it's fun to hear his take on things. Tons of fun, indeed! Too bad the time went by so fast. Perhaps he'll have to come live with us for a summer sometime. Haha...like Mom would go for that!

As for the mutts, they're trouble. But the best kind of trouble I think! Hyside finally started losing some of his teeth, which allows us to better predict his adult size. I'd say between 60 and 70 pounds. I'm afraid it'll probably be closer to 70 when all is said and done. He's gonna be handsome and huge! He's a good little fella, though. He finally has all of his shots so he can go to the dog park with Koners. He handles himself pretty well around other dogs, which is a big relief! Oh yeah, and Dillon taught him a few tricks while he was here, so that's neat! Both of the mutts are starting puppy school this coming Monday, so that should help solidify what they already know and improve their manners quite a bit. I'm excited! Hopefully they will be too.

Me? I should be looking for jobs, but I'm not. I'm still disappointed about the one I just missed out on and optimistic about my re-application in a couple of months. I guess I better not put all of my eggs in one basket though. I'll get on that... Since my body's been killing me lately, I've been promoted to secretary, phone room secretary to be exact, until further notice. I guess that's ok. It's not really what I want to be doing, but I need to work, I like it at the vet clinic, and I'll get to sit down. I dropped that awful Friday night shift and now will be up front Monday thru Thursday mornings. Then next month, I'll cut it down to Monday thru Wednesday mornings so that I can raft more. I know, I'm a slacker. But hey, rafting doesn't hurt my feet or knees, is tons and tons of fun, is outside, pays well, and includes the potential for tips. Not much wrong with that now is there? Hopefully that'll be able to supplement my income and assure the retention of my sanity through the summer. I sure love rafting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i talked to mom about staying down there all summer and she said NO:(

Dillon

Anonymous said...

you really need to work on your rafting face you have the same open mouth "oh god" face, but i still love you

Dillon