Monday, March 24, 2008

Sunshine!

Hello from the Land of Enchantment! I hope that the sunshine and signs of new life that fill the air here are reaching you too, wherever you are. Trees are budding, cacti blooming, and baby coyotes howling. That last thing is kind of creepy to hear in the middle of the night, not gonna lie! The neighbor is still moving out, and soon, an new one, hopefully only half as crazy, will be taking her place. Kona's finally figuring out how to be a dog, you know, one that listens and stuff, and she'll even play fetch outside sometimes now! And my bike is begging for a chance to get out of its cage to kick up its heels in the red dirt, but will have to wait, due to it inappropriate a"tire." ;)

As for me, a lot of the same is what I have to offer. I love being back at work, even if it's only part-time, and even if I get peed on by cats named Tom. He's as old as I am, he didn't mean to I'm sure. (At least it wasn't anal glands like D.J. got today!) Let's see...I graduated from physical therapy last week. Woohoo! While I still have a lot of work to do and a long way to go before I'm better, I made a lot of progress in 2 months. After being on bed-rest for 2+ months, I finally have some muscle in my legs again, and am walking better and better all the time. Feeling better too! My PT thinks that, if I keep working as hard as I have been, I should be better by June or July. My goal is August or September. Mid-August will be the 1 year anniversary of the move down here, so that seems like as good a time as any to finally be healed.

Dr. Lynn was here for a few days over the weekend, and I'm happy to report that she's very happy with the addition and all of the changes that we made in the house. Phew! That's a relief! Too bad it wasn't all done for her visit, (they've had plenty of time), but it'll definitely be done by the time August rolls around. It better be anyway! We're now standing in the "wait" part of "hurry up and wait." We have to wait for the counter top, wait for the electrician, wait for the plumber, the furniture and the blinds. Oh, and WE have to lay the floor. Should be a fun project. Hopefully the 2 of us don't kill each other! If absence makes the heart grow fonder, then the timing on the floor couldn't be better. If not...well...there will be punches taken in the face I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so detailed in your writing, i love it you should do CSI work. get on tv show and you wouldn't even have to act. i didn't even know you were seeing a PT, it sounds as though they were a big help, that is great. looking forward to the next post. someone down there was going too send some pic of the finished outside and update inside it yyou see him would you remind him or better yet you do it for him......mort