Monday, March 24, 2008

Home Improvement

No, you're not looking at turfdraagster's blog, it's mine. Promise. I too, have been doing some home improving! A frightening thought, I know, but I think that I kicked ass at it, not gonna lie! After picking out a fairly dark floor for the new media room and to replace the carpet in the office, something wasn't right. It didn't go with anything in the rest of the house. While this may not seem like a problem to all of you, to me, it did. The existing house sported rooms of white plaster and light woodwork and tile. How to tie it all together? We could...stain the doors...YES! So that's what I did. Many combinations of stains later, we came up with the perfect concauction...1/2 natural stain, 1/2 dark gel stain. Voila! Thirteen doors and a lot of personal time spent singing along with my ipod at the top of my lungs later, we had a perfect match to the front door, and a way to tie everything together. I'm pretty sure we spent a few days in a fume-induced haze, but the end result was definitely worth it! I wish I had before pictures to show, but I don't, so the after one will just have to do. Use your imaginations, people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new colar I hated the old blond color. keith watched me do wood working my whole life and he must have picked up some of those things. it is fun and allows the two of you to visit and spend time together which is great and you see the fruits of your labor right away. so proud of you mmm. keep the faith can't wait to see you again.....mort