Monday, October 29, 2007

Big Trees and Lots of Sticks

Things have been going well lately. The weather has been absolutely fantastic, (I actually got a sunburn yesterday!), and the dog is slowly getting slightly better behaved! I talked to the people at work about my feet and my inability to stand for 40+ hours a week, and they were completely understanding and are willing to work with me so that I don't hurt as bad. I really lucked out on that one. I half expected them to tell me that I better start looking for another job because vet techs have to be on their feet all the time. I work for some good people.

Keith, Kona, and I headed into the woods to chop down some trees for firewood yesterday and it was so nice to be away from people and outside for a change! I've never been involved with the falling of any large, dead trees before, so it was definitely a new experience for me. Those things fall hard! We only chopped down 2 trees, but managed to fill the trailer to capacity so, as you can guess, they were pretty big trees! Kona loved it and was in heaven with so many sticks around!

I also shot a handgun, for the first time in a really long time. I think maybe I shot one once when I was really young. Maybe Dad can help jog my memory on this one. At any rate, they are SO loud. Maybe I'm a weenie, but my ears were definitely ringing for the rest of the afternoon! I don't need earplugs to ride in the 4 runner (yet anyway!) but they're a definite necessity for shooting in the future! Can't imagine how loud bigger guns are!
So I was doing laundry yesterday and I found this...I hope it made you smile too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post......zack is the same way. he has his pile and i have mine. when he goes off i take his pile and put it in the burn pit. being outside cutting wood is good for the soul, mind and body. great news about your job you made my day. raking leaves here and getting ready for winter. put up a kennel in back for zack. please take care of yourself and my son. love ya
mort