Monday, September 22, 2008

Late? Try One of These!

So, next time you're running late for work, make sure to call your boss and give one of these excuses. Apparently they're tried and true! Start with this...


"Mr. (Boss' name), I apologize for my tardiness this morning. I would have been to work on time, except that..."

1. While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.

2. Someone stole all my daffodils.

3. I had to go audition for American Idol.

4. My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work.

5. My route to work was shut down by a presidential motorcade.

6. I have transient amnesia and couldn't remember my job.

7. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.

8. The line was too long at Starbucks.

9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.

10. I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawnshops were closed.


I mean, he HAS to understand. Right?


No comments: