Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Past 24 Hours

Yesterday, we awoke to an absolutely gorgeous day! It must have gotten up to 70 degrees or so! My day included cleaning out the inside of the Quackmobile and the 4runner, putting on my bathing suit and hand washing my car, and sitting on a stump in the backyard talking about where the fence and the trees are going to go. March 1st and I'm sunburned? This is going to be a great summer and spring is obviously sprung! Right? Wrong!

After yesterday brought us hope of spring, dreams of rafting, and plenty of smiles and vitamin D to go around...today came. Upon first glance this morning, the weather seemed pleasant, not as nice as yesterday, but there was still time for it to warm up. No such luck. Storm clouds rolled in from all sides (it seemed so anyway) and wind began to blow. Lame! While we did manage to sneak in a walk with the Koners, it was cold. Our venture to town this afternoon proved to be even colder. Freaking freezing, is actually the phrase that I would use. Yeah, freaking freezing! Fish and Game jacket and K was still chilled. Of course, it could have been the snow that started falling while we were walking around town! I don't get it. From swimsuit to snowsuit in 24 hours? Sounds like I'm back in Montana. I like it!

I've gotta admit though, that I've never seen a sunset quite like this one in Montana...

No comments: