Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hungry in Montana

For now, I find myself with my family in Montana. Brrrr! SF has definitely made me weak, as the temperatures in the teens have made oh so apparent. A smarter person would simply get out the winter coat that was packed, but not I...I must suffer in order to adjust and adapt. After all, isn't that what my ancestors did? Pretty sure I'm here today because my ancestors were not weenies like myself. Better work on that. I'd hate to disappoint! As a side note, did you know that none of your ancestors died celibate? It's true. Think about it.

Montana is good, fairly uneventful, by my own choice though I suppose. See, I'm still supposed to be doing that bed rest thing. I'm much better at it here than down south, but being a human lump that hardly moves throughout the day is starting to wear on me...I'd say that I can actually hear myself getting fatter, but sadly, that's not the case. Allow me to elaborate...

Per the suggestions of several doctors, I'm finally trying a gluten-free diet. Not cool. Not fun. Not yummy. Not anything good! (In case you were wondering.) Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, and maybe it oats. It follows that I can no longer eat anything containing wheat, barley, or rye in any form. While this may not sound that bad to you, the reader, I ask you to take a peek at the ingredients that are in all of the foods that you eat tomorrow. I can almost guarantee that you'll find wheat, of some sort, in most of the things you eat every day. It stinks! I went to the health food store thinking that gluten-free things would be easy to find and would be at least decently tasty...I was wrong! When the lady working there asked us if we were finding what we were looking for, we said we were looking for things that were both gluten-free and dairy-free, and her response was "good luck, that's gonna be tough." Not encouraging to say the least! At any rate, we left the store with 3 small bags of groceries totaling over $100! What I've been brave enough to try thus far, has been less than tasty. It's not only quite possible, but highly likely, that I'm going to starve over the next couple of weeks! If I feel better though, I guess it'll be alright. My days of being pain-free may be few, since I'll starve to death quickly, but I'm sure they'll be nice while they last!


In other news, I miss my Kona puppy terribly! I seem to miss that guy that I live with a little bit too... Not filling the void as I thought he would, my parent's dog, (who we got when I was still living at home) seems to have developed a hatred for me. Dunno what I did to piss him off, but it must have been bad! He growls at me all the time and he even managed to bite me on the face! This sounds worse than it actually was. While the damage was minimal and it may have been, at least partially an accident, he stinks. I may have to punch him in the face before long! Hopefully Kona doesn't decide to turn on me too! That would be a bad way to start off the new year...

In sort of awkward news, it has been brought to my attention that I'm a "hot sister" in my hometown. While I don't particularly enjoy thinking about 14 year old boys looking at my a$$ when I walk by, I must admit that it did make me laugh. It's a compliment, I suppose. Props to mom and dad for the genes that made "this" happen! ;) I better head to bed so that I don't miss out on any beauty sleep...I'd hate to disappoint my fans! Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think theres a 29 year old in that underage crowd of stares....