Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Better...better...

Things with me are still the same...it's still cold here in MT and I'm still bored, but feeling better every day. That's good news if I've ever heard it! Perhaps it's the gluten-free diet, perhaps it's the vitamin D, perhaps it's the new meds, or maybe it's just resting that's making me feel better, but I'll take it, no matter what the reason is. The gluten-free diet is still, well, exactly that, a diet. I may be able to consider a new career path in a few weeks...modeling. Maybe not, but I'm definitely going to go back to life after this Christmas, just like last year---skinny. I'm sure as I get used to this though, I'll gain it all back...great. Anyway, I made some soup last night that was alright, definitely not meal-worthy, but something, and I made some lemon poppyseed muffins today (pictured below) that are definitely not horrible. They're not what I'm used to and are a little bit funny looking, but if my dad said that he could eat them, they must not be too bad! He and Dillon do seem to enjoy complaining about the foods that they have to eat when I'm home. Brats! Gotta love 'em though! Anywho, I'll adjust to this wheat-free thing just as I did the dairy-free thing. I'm keeping a positive attitude, see?

After much sucking-up on my part, I seem to have finally won over my parent's dog. He doesn't really growl at me anymore, so that's neat. For being not even 2 years old, he's quite a grump. Being as he's 70+ pounds, he gets his way too often. I think that's the problem. All he does besides be a pain in the behind, is lay in front of the fire with all of the socks that he stole earlier in the day.I'm really starting to miss my Kona puppy a lot now! I'm glad to hear that she's been playing with lots of other BIG dogs, and hasn't been eaten thus far! Hopefully that continues through the new year.

Due to the presence of the aforementioned little puppy in my life, I get to go pick out new glasses frames tomorrow! That may be one of the most exciting things I've done in the past week or so! I'm like an old lady! I'm hoping that I'll be able to get 2 pair of glasses for relatively cheap because lots of places are having big sales right now. Since I don't currently have a job though, 1 pair might have to do. We'll see. Pictures to follow whenever get them. Finally, I'll be able to see so that I can read that book that I brought home with me!

Besides that, Dillon is my sweet little, well he USED to be little, basketball star, and he still has a few games left before I head south again. While it's not exactly the Gonzaga basketball that I've gotten used to over the past 4 years, it's not so bad. Dillon keeps swatting shots and swooshing 3s, so I'm entertained! Oh, and tonight is the high school Christmas concert, so I get to hear him play that shiny new trumpet too. He's a pretty cool kid, I suppose. Like sister, like brother...right?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm heartened to hear you are starting to feel better, Amanda! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and a HAPPY New Year! Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Modeling because you have to lose a few pounds? I dunno about that. If I could have it my way, you'd be doing that already! ;)
~Marcus