Sunday, May 2, 2010

NYC Day 3

On day 3, we realized we were running out of time, so we decided to start being tourists and seeing sights. But first, we had to eat. We made it a habit to sleep in, so naturally, we missed breakfast at the hotel every day except one! What to do? Well, we wandered into Time Square and found us a Bubba Gump's. Sounds a little iffy, but I'd heard it was pretty tasty, and I was not misinformed. I ate a huge meal of 4 different kinds of shrimp. It must have had close to a million calories, but who is counting? And of course, we had a garlic bread appetizer and peach margaritas at 11 am as a warm up! Yummy! Our waiter had a bunch of Forrest Gump trivia questions that he asked us (poor guy) and let me say that we kicked complete ass! We answered all of the questions correctly!

After stuffing ourselves and briefly visiting the gift shop at the restaurant, it sounded like a good idea to walk to Central Park from the hotel. After all, it was only 20 blocks or so... Silly us! It was a nice stroll and all, but we seemed to somehow forget that neither of us is well equipped for lots of walking, or even any walking if the timing is wrong! We did make it, though, and spent the afternoon strolling through the South end of the park. There were some really awful musicians playing drums and saxophone. I mean, really awful. It was certainly fun though. I understand why people flock there. First off, it's beautiful, and secondly, it's the only place that's green in the whole city. Certainly appealing through my eyes.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, we went to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway that evening! I can't even begin to explain to you how amazing it was! I cried several times. It was so beautiful! At the end, the cast was collecting money for people with AIDS and their families. I donated $20 and got an awesome Phantom of the Opera reusable shopping bag as a thank you! Sweet! Now I can save the environment and be awesome at the same time!


Sorry mom, none of the pics of you turned out. Lame!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH...WELL...apparently I missed this entire posting! So obviously you DID mention "The Phantom". Appropriate to only have pictures of you here because you are the one definitely connected to the music. Don't get me wrong. I loved it, too. But not like you did. I sooooo miss your singing!