Friday, February 12, 2010

17?

In other news, my little brother (who is now much taller than me), turned 17 a few days ago! It's definitely a concept that I'm having a lot of trouble grasping. I can't believe how fast time flies by! I remember the evening that my parents told me I was going to have a brother or sister, the morning he was born, and his first smile. I can't believe that the voice I hear on the phone now when I call home could possibly belong to that baby who's diapers I changed and who I used to rock and sing to sleep!

Anyway, there is another birthday coming up this week as well...my little baby Hyside is going to be 2 years old! I guess I'm going to have to stop using the excuse that they're still puppies when the mutts are being naughty from now on! Eh...no need to get carried away! :)

Oh yeah, I finally decided to take the advice of my Rheumatologist and signed up for a warm water exercise class. It's been pretty fun! Class only started a few weeks ago, but it seems like a really good thing for me. No unnecessary stress on my joints and I actually get a pretty good workout. I've been sore after both classes this week anyway! The class is mostly old ladies, but there are some younger people, too. The other girl who is my age is definitely a model, but I'm trying not to let that bother me. I'm still recovering and I'll get in shape eventually...plus I get to eat, which is awesome as far as I'm concerned! The best part of the whole water deal might be the hilarious one-piece bathing suit that I bought on the internet for $14! It is orange with that paramecia-looking pattern all over it. It was either that or solid lime green...ew. It's pretty funny, trust me!

I'm up to working between 35 and 40 hours a week most weeks now and I'm in charge of a really cool program at work that launches next week and is gonna finally get us moving in the right direction to go paperless and is also gonna put us leaps and bounds ahead of the competition as far as ease of communication and access to records etc. I'm SO excited for it to be up and running!

That's it for now!

9 comments:

amy said...

whoop whoop! congrats on the project dude! and pft, models, they're just here because someone has to have the boring life of posing in front of cameras. I'd take your kick ass bathing suit over her Versace any day. YOU ROCK! :) love love

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the project at work! Sounds challlenging, but you know me & computers! As for the model...& you don't look a model, too?!?! Glad dthe class is doing you some good. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one lamenting over your brother's age. The good thing about it is that he is a pretty nice young man (I can't even call him a boy anymore). He is lucky he has had such a great role model in his sister! Thenks! Love you! Mom

Dave to Claire said...

when did Dillan turn 17? That makes us.....OLD! I cant believe we're turning 25 this year (me in a month! blah). Has it really been 7 years since graduation. I dont like to think about it. :)

Manders said...

i know! soon we will be having our 10 year class reunion...wtf?!?

Dave to Claire said...

Ewww...Why did you even have to mention the 10 year reunion? I like to live in a fantasy land where we're all 21 and young. haha It will be so fun to see where everyone ended up by then. My goal is to be in a house by then. So...curious...are we going to be hearing wedding bells in the near future? Jared seems awesome. :)

Manders said...

wedding bells? no plans as of right now, but definitely someday. :)

Dave to Claire said...

Yay! I'm excited at even the thought of a wedding. They make me so happy. Well, if and WHEN it does happen, I want to know. I'm an excellent planner. haha

Manders said...

Ha, no doubt in my mind you're an excellent planner! I had coffee with one of my former coworkers who just got engaged, and planning a wedding sounds almost miserable. Maybe whenever that day comes, someone else can do everything except try on dresses for me! Haha!