Saturday, August 8, 2009

60 Years and Still in Love

Several noteworthy things have happened since my last real post back in June. This one is pretty cool, so I'm gonna start with it!

On June 19 of this year, my grandparents, Don and Delores McClure, celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! All I can really say is that I am lucky to have witnessed their interactions throughout my lifetime. While I still have no idea what specifically it takes to make a marriage last six decades, I at least have a place to start!

Congratulations, Grandma and Grandpa, and thank you for showing us that 2 people really can stay together forever! We love you!

Delores and Don McClure, of Billings, celebrated their 60th anniversary with a family barbecue at their son and daughter-in-law’s home in Nye. Delores Sikora and Donald McClure were married June 19, 1949, in Absarokee. In 1962, they moved to Billings, where she was a police officer and he taught for the Lockwood School District. They are retired. The couple’s sons and daughter-in-law are Donna and Paul McClure, of Nye, and Kieth McClure, of Parker, Colo. They have four grandchildren and one great-grandchild.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was nice, babe. Glad you found the announcement in the Gazette. G & G were upset that the paper took it upon themselves to edit it, thus spelling Grandma's name wrong & making us residents of Nye instead of Absarokee. Not sure why the latter mattered. Oh, well. We should send you pix from that day, huh? I'm not smart enuf--D or Dad will have to! Love ya! Mom