Thursday, June 18, 2009

Coconut Bliss!

I made a fantastic discovery a few days ago. I was walking through the frozen food section of Whole Foods, minding my own business, when I suddenly remembered seeing something about coconut milk ice cream sweetened with agave! The appeal should be obvious since I can't have dairy or cane sugar. (Agave is a natural sweetener.) Anyway, after looking at a couple of different brands of coconut milk ice cream, I found it! It really DOES exist!!! I decided on a tub of "Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge." I must admit that, even though I was pretty excited, I did not have high hopes for the flavor of this concoction. My experience with non-dairy ice creams in the past has led me to believe that non-dairy ice cream substitutes hardly qualify as substitutes. In my opinion, they are, at best, something designed to trick the mind into thinking one is eating ice cream, even thought the taste buds do their best to make sure the attempted trickery is not successful.

At any rate, after an incident that involved a watermelon falling to the ground and exploding, I finally got the chance to taste the chocolaty ice cream substitute that I had purchased. It was amazing! Never in a million years had I imagined that it would taste so delicious! It may even be better than real ice cream! My hopes and dreams are again alive and well, based solely on the fact that I can once again eat ice cream! I had it in a modified banana split that had fresh strawberries added. So yummy!

Just this morning, I found out that there are even more flavors than I originally thought, too! What great news! If you get a chance, you should try some. The brand is "Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss." Om Nom Nom Nom...

1 comment:

Vince at the Bliss Mothership said...

Thanks for the shout out for Coconut Bliss I'll let Luna and Larry know about your post. We appreciate it. :^)

-Vince at the Coconut Bliss Mothership... Eugene, OR