Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home Health Nurse Wanted


Home Health Nurse Wanted!


We are looking for an RN or an LPN to make home visits to housebound patient(s). Schedule is flexible. Tiered pay-rate system based upon the complexity of each visit. Mileage is reimbursed.

Requirements: Valid NM Nursing License. Candidate must pass criminal background check, drug testing, and employment physical, have a clean driving record, be insurable, and have current driver’s license.


Now, allow me to explain:


Mi madre has been down here for the past several weeks, taking care of my helpless post-op self. She has been a godsend, doing all the cooking and cleaning and corralling the mutts! You know, fun things like that. Anyway, one morning, the mutts work up particularly early, at about 5:30 am. (I was just told to add that it was barely starting to get light out.) Mom, being in superior physical condition at this particular point, got up and began the journey downstairs to let the dogs out. As perhaps shown in previous blog posts, the stairwell has the potential to be fairly dark, even during the day. Being unfamiliar with the locations of the light switches in my house and in a sleepy fog, she did not turn on the light, but bravely ventured down the dark stairwell. The mutts reached the door at the bottom of the stairs first and started pawing at it to get out, but mom had latched it the night before. In an attempt to keep the dogs from waking my roommate, my mom quickly unlatched the door and, when the dogs flung it open, reached forward to try to stop the door from banging into the wall. At this point she thought that she was on the bottom step, but as she reached forward for the door and tried to step down, quickly realized that she was not. She was actually on the second step.

Now, I'd like to explain exactly what happened at this point, but I wasn't there, so I'll just let the photos do all the talking!
There was also a scraped knee involved, but it wasn't nearly as visually disturbing! At any rate, we're now looking for a caregiver for the both of us since my caregiver suddenly needs medical care as well!
In actuality, besides some soreness and the obvious swelling and brusing, she's just fine. Luckly duck! Lucky me too, since she's been doing absolutely everything for me!