Thursday, March 12, 2009

In Other Medical News

In other medical news, I finally found a Rheumatologist who takes me seriously! The first time I saw her, she spent 2 whole hours with me, getting a detailed medical history and performing a thorough exam. Wow! Anyway, after running a few more tests, which as always, came back negative, she decided that we have to stop simply treating the symptoms and try to get to the bottom of the problem! She said that the symptoms strongly suggest Behcet's and that fact can't be ignored even if the test results are inconclusive. I'm still shocked! It's as if she actually cares! Anyway, she wants to start me on immunosuppressants to see if they help. The only problem is that I can't be on immunosuppressants right before or right after a surgergical procedure. That fact alone was probably the straw that broke the camel's back and finally made me realize how bad my neck is and how much I need to have it repaired, sooner than later. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on that as well, but I'm hopeful and so thankful that someone is finally willing to try to help me! Yay for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't "immunosuppressant" a fun word to look at? Kinda like "Mississippi" only different. OK, I'm losin' it---I'll explain later. Love ya, Mom

Turfdraagster said...

I like flatulence, personally....