Sunday, December 21, 2008

Vigas

Okay, if I were Keith, I'd make some sort of ridiculous video with cheesy commentary to show you all my new place, but I'm on a limited budget, so this is what you get! I don't have anything on the walls yet, so it looks pretty white and lame. That'll be changing soon though hopefully

For now, I'm just gonna show you the upstairs, which is where I live. I have it all to myself! I wish the photos did it justice. It's really great! There are wood floors and vigas throughout (You say it like "veega"s). My mom will love that part for sure!

Okay, here goes. Before you get to my floor, you have to go up the stairs. See what I mean about the ceilings? (Those are vigas for those of you who don't know that. I didn't until I moved down here!)

As you make the turn at the top of the stairs, you run into the walk-in closet, which, I managed to fill a lot more quickly that I had expected!

Next you enter the hallway. There are 2 big windows there. The house is passive solar, which means that it's heated by the sunlight entering through big windows on one side of the house. The heat from the sun warms the walls, which continue to release heat even after the sun goes down for the night.
If you take a right, you'll be headed for the bedroom. These views are both from the doorway.

If you head the other way, you'll go down the hallway and the bathroom will be on your right just before you get to the other room, which I'm using as an office/living room.
You can't see the toilet, but it's there. I promise. It's to the right, hidden by the wall that the shower is on.
Lastly, the living"ish" room. The photos are taken from diagonal corners in the room. The long windows, like the one in the first picture here, are all on the same side of the house.
Welp, that's it. It's not worthy of an episode of MTV's Cribs, but I'm okay with that. Oh yeah, and the views are great! I'd show you what I'm talking about, but it's dark right now, so it'll have to wait! Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really beautiful Amanda - I'm glad you found such a nice place. How does Highside like it? Does he have space to run? Are there other animal friends in the house? do you like your roommates? What are you doing for Christmas? I hope you have a joyous one and feel good and have a happy new year too! Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Kool pad, love all the wood. I can see Hillside sliding down the woodsteps. better buy him some rubber boots or something. I certainly hope you are feeling better. Hope work is going well. I wish you the very best for the new year and that you have a loving holiday up in gods country. love ya Mort