Friday, December 26, 2008

Buh Bye 2008

It's as good a time as any to recognize the people and things in my life that I'm thankful for, so here goes.

-My Family. Even my extended family, for the most part, is composed of caring people who are loving and accepting of each other. They have been nothing but supportive, understanding, encouraging, and sympathetic for as long as I can remember. Whether or not we keep in touch very well, we're always there for each other, ready to listen or lend a helping hand, like no time at all has passed since we last talked. It would be nice if we could break tradition and all get together for happy occasions in the future!


-My Mutts. Kona and Hyside are my babies and I absolutely love them to pieces. I can't imagine life without them anymore. Even though they can be obnoxious and destructive from time to time, I can't stay mad at them for long even if I try. The unconditional love and friendship that they give is amazing and wonderful and always brings a smile to my face.


-My Friends (and thier families). Whether or not we've talked in a while, just like family, my friends are always there when I need them. The world's problems would be solved if everyone was as fun, free-spirited, and understanding as my friends. I miss you guys!

-New Experiences. I spent 2 weeks in Egypt, drove 2,000 miles with both of the dogs in the car to be in a friend's wedding, moved into a new place, signed up for classes, and spent the summer rafting the Rio Grande. Everything I experienced for the first time this past year, whether it were happy or sad, fun or a bit scary, left a mark on my life and in my memory and will certainly influence experiences in my future.

-Courage and Strength. Things in life aren't always easy, and life's not always fair. There's no escaping it. Whether it comes from within or from influences outside of myself, I've always been able to find the courage and strength to make it through whatever comes my way. And I know that I'll be able to continue to do so. I do, however, hope that 2009 is a little more kind than 2008 was at times!


Happy Holidays! And God bless us, every one!

No comments: