Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wedding Season is Upon Us

Wedding season is upon us, or at least upon me. Mike and Val tied the knot 10 days ago, Dana and Nick are following suit on Saturday, Erin and Chris are also saying "I do" on Saturday, and I'm walking down the isle in a blue bridesmaids dress on Saturday as well, in order to be at Kati's side as she and Michael get hitched. Nicole and Gabe are to be wed in Santa Fe in 10 days, too! It's definitely a lot to take in! I don't even know that many people, yet 3 of my girlfriends are getting married on the same day! How inconsiderate...I mean, they should have checked with each other so that I could make it to all the weddings! What were they thinking?

Now that the initial shock has passed, the shock of having to purchase so many wedding gifts, I'm getting excited for all of Kati's wedding shenanigans to begin. I've never been a bridesmaid before! (Hopefully my future as a bridesmaid won't become something worthy of making another movie about! That Kathryn Heigl with all her dresses...) Pre Mrs. Scheetz plans include rafting on Thursday, rehearsal dinner at Johnny Carino's on Friday, then the big event on Saturday afternoon, followed, of course, by the reception, which is sure to be a good time! Pictures to follow, I'm sure.

To sum up this post...
CONGRATS to all of my friends who recently tied the knot or who are doing so in the near future! I love you guys!

No comments: