Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweet Home Ala...I mean SALIDA

Okay, so Keith was right. I do LOVE Salida, CO...and I DO wanna move there...tomorrow even! I'm working on it...

To help my parents understand my lack of nesting, I've prepared a list of the top 10 reasons that living in Salida would be awesome!

1. It's the rafting capital of the states, and probably, the world
2. The average age of residents is WAY less than 70
3. Grass actually grows there, without assistance
4. 80's rock and country are the only radio stations that come in halfway decent
5. There are surf waves right in the middle of town
6. People make eye contact and wave
7. The town is small, but you can still get this, that, and the other-free foods, so I won't starve
8. Everyone likes to play outside
9. There are fourteeners everywhere
10. Rent is not over $1000 a month, in fact, it's not even $100 a month

Oh yeah, and the views are spectacular!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...so if ya wanna convince the "rents" you should do somethin', ya gotta at least use language we can understand. After all, we are closer to the mean age of Santa Fe-ans than Salida-ites/(inians?) Or maybe that's not what "fourteeners" means? So, what is a "fourteener"? Dad is thinking maybe hot chicks for Dillon when he visits. And how is there free food? Dillon might come just for that! Not to mention everyone else in the world, if the word gets out. A-HA!! You are going to live in a commune! That explains the free food. You'll have an organic vegetable garden & lots of community raised children to work in it. & there will be chickens running loose... & goats. Seriously, it's not the lack of nesting I worry about. I think it's great that you have the opportunity to fly with the wind. Do it while you have the chance, just find a way to cover medical bills when my insurance runs out. Reality sucks, doesn't it? LOVE YOU!!!!! Mom

Manders said...

In response to my mom's comment...
First, fourteeners are mountains that are over 14,000 feet. Sadly for Dillon, they are not hot chicks for Dillon. Not saying that there aren't some of them there...I'm sure that there are! And the food is not free, it's free of the ingredients that I can't eat. Get it? As for insurance, I have 22 months to find a job with insurance benefits...I'd hate to rush into anything!

Anonymous said...

hey i think we need to get our parents a dictionary with new terms in it :)Dillon

Anonymous said...

I would beg to differ on a dictionary for us old folks, but if one is availuable and it is free? See you soon,Dad ps: I will take care of Dillon.