Friday, May 9, 2008

Alright, alright!

Well, Dillon told me that I was lame for not posting often enough, so here I am, trying to appease the tall, skinny kid! P.S.- he can get his driver's license in 2 weeks and that freaks me out!

Hmm, a lot of the same old has been going on around here. Just trying to manage the chaos that is 2 puppies in one house along with a boyfriend who has a terrible case of cabin fever! The pups are getting along great, chasing each other relentlessly and having a great time. It's been decided that Hyside is probably going to be a big fella. His paws are actually as big as Kona's now, but I compared his current weight to Kona's weight at his age, and they're about the same. Maybe they'll end up the same size. I guess that it all depends on whether the lady that we rescued him from guessed his age correctly! We'll know when his teeth start falling out, I guess.

As for the stir-crazy boy, (or should I say old man?) he turned 30 yesterday, forcing me to consider a trade-in for a newer model. I decided to think about it for another year before I make any decisions... ;) He took the turning 30 thing pretty well, I'd say. Nothing like my father took it, apparently. Rumor has it that my mom had a little surprise party for my dad's 30th, complete with a casket in the living room and pretty much all of the schwag that you'd expect at a 40th party. Well, I guess that there were tons of people at the house waiting for my dad's 5:00 arrival and he never showed up! My mom got a call from him later. He took the whole birthday thing a little hard and decided to head straight to the bar after work for some drinks. I think that my mom finally sent one of his good friends (who was at the party) to go to the bar and convince him to come home. The casket and all of the black streamers and such didn't do much to cheer him up I bet! Funny stuff though! Well, back to K...the two of us got really dressed up and met up with another couple for sushi last night for a birthday dinner. The place is nowhere near fancy, as some sushi joints are, so that's why we felt the need to get so dressed up. K wore the infamous corduroy suit that used to belong to his grandfather, and I wore my cocktail dress and heels. People looked at us funny! Fun times and LOTS of fish! Mmm! We both ate way too much but managed to arrive home safely just before the food comas really took hold. A little birthday cake with chocolate frosting and the day was done.

As for me, I'm going through major river withdrawl, but am managing to get some quality "wet" time in. I took a ducky down the "Racecourse" section a couple of days ago and didn't even swim! Quite surprising considering that I don't think I've been in a ducky for at least 2 years! I'm really not sure how I pulled that off. Nobody but K had any idea what my skill level was, so I had 8 babysitters the whole way down the river. A good thing indeed, but interesting. They all made me a little nervous, to tell you the truth! Better safe than sorry, though. The river was amazing and I even managed to stay warm! I think I had on 4 layers! Guess that's the magic number. I'm always, always so darn cold! I'm blaming the diet...booo! I have a wetsuit and a long-sleeved hydroskin top on the way though, so I should be able to survive! I hope the doggy life jacket comes too, so that I can work on making the mutts into river dogs. I guess we'll wait to buy the other jacket when we have a better idea of how big Hyside will be...

Other than that, just watchin' for hummingbirds at the feeder and waitin' to hear back about the job that I interviewed for like 3 weeks ago. Should know by Friday. If all else fails, maybe I'll just guide all summer and figure out something else in the fall. Job market here=lame. Oh yeah, and we're going to Nebraska next week for Kevin's graduation! Should be good times!

Gotta work the night shift tonight, so I guess it's about nap time!
Life's pretty rough, as you can see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks its much appreciated, i looked at flights and prices last night and we're trying to figure out a good day to travel so if you have any ideas please let me know

Dillon