Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No Toys for Me

A lot has been changing here, from the weather to the house, and everything in between. The addition is almost officially done, so that's neat. The furniture came, the cabinets are in, the projector is hooked up, most of the floor is laid. Sweetness really. I even participated and helped lay the floor. I have to say that I'd probably make a darn good carpenter...haha! I did get the highest grade in my shop class when I was in high school...I guess I'll just hold on to that! Besides putting up the baseboard or trim or whatever you wanna call it, all is done, except the moving back in part. Shouldn't be so bad, though. We've got all kinds of space to put things in now. Pretty exciting for someone like me, who likes to organize! I'm a big fat geek, I know!

As you probably saw, Keith got a new and seemingly awesome toy today. It's missing some parts, but that just gives us time to think about the crazyness that will be the full-body shots (no, not those kind of body shots!) of us that shall be printed soon. We should probably put them up in the new room. Classy! We'll have to take one of the Koners, too!

Oh yeah, since K got a new toy today, I thought that it would only be fair that I get a toy of my own...apparently I was wrong. Shut down...again...lame...
Story: I'm a sucker...for a fuzzy little face and puppy kisses. It's bad, I'll admit it, but I can't help it. There's this dog. The shelter brings him into the clinic every 2 weeks to get his back leg x-rayed to see how it's healing. I'm happy to say that he's doing well and got his cast off today! Anyway, he's been in probably 5 or 6 times now over the past 3 months...I fell in love with his sweet face and personality the first time that they brought him in, right after they found him. His back leg all flimsy, wagging his tail and giving tons of kisses! I pretty much love all dogs, over 25 pounds at least, but this one, I love the mostest of all dogs that I don't already own. I realize, that by wanting to take my little friend home, I'm starting down the road that all people in the veterinary field travel down...the road of lots of pets, but 2 doesn't seem so unreasonable, right? I want him, not just any dog that I see, HIM. I'm exercising self-control here! Him and Kona are the same age and about the same size...makes sense, right? If only I had my own house... I think K would kick me out if I just brought him home. Better save up some more money first! At any rate, I ask Keith, every time the shelter brings him in, "please, please, please?" I even got him to go down to the shelter to take a look at the little guy, but the answer is always the same. "No." Lame. I'll keep trying anyway... I'm slowly breaking him down. I can tell! He's getting weaker... 10th time is a charm! ;) Here's a
picture of my friend, just to make my story ever so heartbreaking and to give K more of a hard time about it! If any of YOU wanna adopt him, that would also make me very, very, very happy! No pressure! (Hint: mom and dad!)

Other than that, the weather has definitely made a change for the better once again, minus the wind and my tan is ever so slowly, working its way back into my life! Yaya! Gotta go to the staff meeting at work, so I'll leave you with this final thought...ADOPT a dog! Woot!

3 comments:

Turfdraagster said...

his head is too small for his body...NO

Manders said...

It is not! You're SO mean. You're just jealous...

Anonymous said...

You guys are funny sitting next to each other at the desk on your respective laptops responding to each other's blogs - one would think you don't talk! Love, The Mom