Friday, November 23, 2007

Work vs. Work...

I finally made the website at work, and just in time for me to pack up and leave, work that is, not NM. I'm happily holding a cold pack to the neck of a tiny dog who had a collar and leash that were, as many would say "bling." We, by we, I mean, Dr. DeAguero, had just removed a cuterebra (there's nothing cute about them!) from the little one's neck. Since the owners picked at it and squeezed it, when we removed the bug, the dog nearly went into anaphylactic shock. Not good. Luckily, doggy benadryl (diphenhydramine) and the handy-dandy cold pack were around to save the little girl. Anyway, on this, the day after Thanksgiving, I worked all day, and did not get to play with any animals, like the one pictured here.


Meanwhile, while I worked today, so did Keith, but in a seemingly better sort of way. It seems that he had fun and also got something done. Who knew that was even possible? Look at the wood pile. It's huge! My man is a stud! Yeppers. I want to chop wood too, not run lab tests all day. That would be better! Do you suppose you can do it from a chair? Chop wood, that is. Perhaps I'll have to try tomorrow after work. Pain or no pain, the show must go on! I got these new sweet gloves and everything. And now, I plan on sitting in front of the fire and watching the snow with my love and my little crooked-eared snuggle bug!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a bit worried here.......i need to know where this dog is in relationship to your stud? now if he is in the middle of the two of you or is he on the outside of the two of you. not knowing this answer has caused me great pain and suffering. the dog would do better on the floor if the two of you are together. if the stud is chopping then it is ok. you get a chair, a hot totie and go visit the labor. stud first then dog. my concern for this situtation is at a level 5, orange.

Turfdraagster said...

Stud? Really?

The dog in the picture is commonly referred to as a Doofer Dog. ie, itll "do fer a dog" till you get a real one...

Turfdraagster said...

I need help on the tile mosaic too, unemployment is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

u could be a really good vet u know incase u need something to fall back on

Manders said...

No need to worry, Mort. Kona definitely gets kicked out of bed before Keith does. She sort of sleeps on our feet or on either side of us. She gets tired of getting kicked, I think. Plenty of snuggling and love when Keith is dozing off, sawing logs!

Anonymous said...

dozing off and sawing logs. that is awesome, very intertaing for sure. is there sawdust on the floor by your bed in the morining? with that califacation we are back to a level 1, blue. cold here still driving done in a week. time off till jan, can't wait. pick up Brian's son saturday in omaha.