Monday, September 3, 2007

Work and, of course, Shrimp

My first week of work at the vet clinic was a success, I think anyway. Many hours a day spent on the flippers is currently my biggest concern. Sitting down at work is hardly an option, lunch for some reason, seems to be the same way...seldom an option. Perhaps I better start eating more for breakfast. A very efficient ice-maker has become a necessity in my life, as icing the feet seems to keep me at a functional level. An easy fix, I suppose. At any rate, I haven't been able to perform any procedures worth mentioning on my own yet, but I can tell you that I've cleaned up more poop, pee, and vomit than YOU have on any given day. I guess that's some sort of an accomplishment? Speaking of accomplishments, I have yet to bring home a fuzzy little critter, despite a lot of pressure to do so. Hopefully I'm able to hold out for a long time. Wish me luck! I believe Keith mentioned something about 2 years...

My week straight out of "Meet the Parents" has come to an end and all of the main characters have returned to their respective hometowns for the time being. The shenanigans of the 3 K's were a sight to be seen. And all of them, especially the tall skinny one, succeeded in giving me $hit for a solid weekend. I love it! I also learned a valuable lesson this weekend, brothers who don't see each other often, when reunited, are a nearly unstoppable force. The chaos of one of them alone is at least quadrupled when their forces are combined. I don't want to think of what could happen when the 3rd one is brought into the picture!

And so I continue to settle in here in the desert where, for some reason, its been raining almost every day. One more known visitor will be arriving shortly and who knows after that. Perhaps its MY family's turn to make a trip south??? Visitors always welcome! I have shrimp, if that helps.

1 comment:

Turfdraagster said...

Shrimp are, of course, the coolest. And so is peeing your pants.