Thursday, August 9, 2007

Here's to New Beginnings

Well, the summer that just began is nearly over. The first, and hopefully only summer, that will be spent in the city of Spokane reached an early end, prompted by the crazy antics of yet another short and angry roommate. Sometimes I swear that people who are completely nuts just follow me around. While the unexpected early end to my days in Spokane upset several delinquent teenagers and the good roommates, which breaks my heart, I did get to take another great trip down the Madison. While I may not have had the thrilling ride of the two who were lucky enough the exit the boat at the first hole of the class IV rapid, I survived the "kitchen sink" again, thus earning bragging rights for at least a few weeks because a certain someone didn't get to go.

And now that the Salmon trip is out and the Gardiner trip is in, I guess my 18 hour road trip to Santa Fe might also be penciled in a bit earlier than originally planned. A blessing in disguise is what that might be. The 27 hour drive from the Oregon border, through Montana, and on to New Mexico might have been a lot to deal with. Especially considering that I'm scheduled to start work the day after arriving in New Mexico. Probably not good to be a zombie on the first day of work. Could get bitten by a dog or worse, a bearded dragon...

Did I mention that I'm now officially a college graduate?!? I finished up my Theory class a couple of days ago and I graduate for real tomorrow. Odd since I already did the cap and gown thing, but neat just the same. I think I'll celebrate by getting my root canal basically re-done. Woo! Should be a fantabulous day!

As a closing note, I managed to completely melt the front tire on my new mountain bike while quite possibly destroying the entire wheel within 45 minutes of leaving Spokane last week. Dumb! A disastrous setback to the my mountain biking career which has not even really begun. Hopefully my luck with that situation will improve dramatically in the near future. Until then, I guess everybody can continue to give me crap about it...great.

1 comment:

Turfdraagster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.